Monday 29 May 2017

Polka dots are back!



I think the last time I wore polka dots was when the mother dressed me in a long sleeve skater dress in what was a wonderful shade of mustard, with large size polka dots perfectly printed all over it. (It was on baby trend in the late 80's early 90's I swear!)

So how do you wear this timeless print that first landed in fashion during the 1920s?

Wandering through my favourite high street store Zara I came across this super cute half jumpsuit half dress.
Retailing at a very reasonable £25.99 it's one of those all round dresses you can wear at a festival, for a plush diner with the boo or the girls (and a good pair of stilettos teamed with a leather jacket obvs), or day to day with a cute pair of trainers.
I put it together with my Lee oversized Denim jacket which took me forever to find by the way as I only wanted it in this colour and after visiting every vintage store I could possible name I eventually found one on my doorstep for £15 in the Camden markets.
Finishing the look with my favourite pair of black booties from Public desire.

There really are hundreds of different ways you can wear your polka dots without feeling like you've stepped back a few to many years.
So if you've really missed or missed out on this trend now is the best time to hit the high street!




Shop the look
Dress
Jacket
Shoes







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig