Sunday 3 September 2017

My guest dress for a wedding abroad



I was so excited when my friend decided to have her wedding not only in Cyprus but at the Anassa hotel in Paphos, the place is literally in-sane!
So  I decided it was only right that I went shopping for a new dress.
After what felt like months of searching every shop in London and every single online store I could  think of for a dress suitable for 40 degrees I ended up on the Australian website Sabo Skirt. 
I am literally obsessed, and with Australia being extra hot nearly 365 days a year it's your best bet for finding a dress if you're attending a wedding abroad.
I was so lucky when I found this dress in my size because a week later when I checked if anything else had come in stock it was gone!
The material was great quality and what I thought may be abit to heavy for such heat it was actually ok, I think the fact that there was quite a large slit up the front and two cut outs at the side made the dress that little bit cooler 
I usually always by size 8 or S in clothing but I find with Sabo you need to go down a size so the dress I'm wearing is in XS and I still have room to eat and breath (and believe me there was a lot of eating).


I teamed the outfit together with a pair of nude khaki heels (that came straight of once I got to myself to the dance floor) and a delicate drop necklace that fell perfectly between my non existent cleavage. 


Hair and makeup was done by myself, I felt like 1. A slick pony with messy waves would go perfectly with this dress and 
2. There was no way in hell I was wearing my hair down its 400 degrees.
Makeup I kept as simple as possible using the orange colours from my kylie bronze palette with prolongwear foundations and concealers from MAC cosmetics on the skin so I wouldn't melt. 
I even used prolongwear concealers to contour so I knew I'd be secure from day into evening and a nude lip to finish it of keeping everything as neutral as I could. 

To shop the look click these links below 

They no longer have my dress in stock but I have attached a link to all the Sabo Skirt formal collections, perfect for weddings abroad.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig